Thursday, July 21, 2011

LOST slam poem

There is a cloud of smoke, and it is trying to kill me.
My heart beats loudly in my ears
As I run from the accumulation of all my dread and hate and fears.
This thing – this malignant monster – that has haunted us for what seems like years
In this place
This place
This hunk of rock floating lost at sea
A god forsaken planet forgotten by all humanity
With the same hungry individuals with daunted back stories
Living off our unsung glories
And we are stuck here, together,
Trying to survive
Dividing up water, sharing granola bars
Trying to stay alive
Wearing shoes stolen from the dead
Feasting on the meat of boars
Learning to live without technology
And there is a cloud of smoke trying to kill me

(Work in progress. Not done yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment