Thursday, July 21, 2011

To Be A Kid Again (April 27th, 2011)

Some days I wish I could close my eyes and be five again. What I would give for that sense of innocence and that belief in magic I had at that age. Where growing up to be a dog was plausible, how no feeling compared to the one felt every Christmas morning, parents were encyclopedias, and imagination was a necessity in anything and everything I accomplished. Don't get me wrong, I love being an adult, and I love the adult I’ve grown into, for she is wonderful and beautiful, even if she can't always admit it, but when it comes down to it I’m still just a kid at heart. I think, deep inside, we all are still kids, which is something I think our generation truly excels at. I'm glad that our childhood nostalgia is something we can hold onto for the rest of our lives and forever cherish... but man, do I miss those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment