Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ten Things I Love ABout Myself (May 26th, 2011)

1) I am a great friend. Like the ‘wake-up-at-three-in-the-morning-and-go-over-to-your-house-because-you-need-somebody-to-talk-to’ friend or the ‘will-drop-almost-anything-if-you-really-need-me’ friend. I am dedicated and loyal to my friends, and I will fight tooth and nail if you bad mouth them. There is nothing more important to me in this entire world than those whom I love. I adore my blood-family and I’d do anything for them as well, but coming to Ashland has made me realize that to me friends come first because I know I come first for them too.

2) I am passionate. This applies to all aspects of my life. Whether it’s about a television show I’m super into, a goal in my life I want to achieve, theatre, my writing, my romantic life, muppets, or even something as random as the marriage of John and Abigail Adams. I am so goddamn passionate and it’s really easy to work me up on any of the things I’m passionate about.

3) I am a nerd. I love being a nerd. Or a geek. Or a dweeb. Or whatever it is you like to call my sort. I was raised on Star Wars, I dreamed of getting my owl, I wrote fanfiction about me hooking up with Frodo Baggins, I went dressed as Wolverine to the X-men movie premiere, etc. I’ve always had a great affinity for nerds. Due to the kinds of movies we watch and books we read, we have a much grander grasp on life than a lot of other people and we’re able to sympathize with people more often… Well, that’s my take on it, at least. My geekiness makes me who I am, and I love it.

4) I am a good writer. It took me a long time to admit this, but now I can and I am. Whether it’s my short stories or my slam poetry, I am not half bad.

5) I am intelligent. No, not in the sense that I can ramble off logarithms (or tell you what the fuck a logarithm is) or have in depth political debates (I hate politics) or even begin to comprehend the stock market, but I can hold my own. I know how to analyze, I love to read, I can follow directions. I am smart. I certainly wasn’t that bright in high school, so I’m glad college has changed this.

6) I am mature. I can pay bills. I can hold civil conversations with angry guests at the motel. I can fly on a plane all on my own and live to tell the tale. I have great breasts. I know how to let someone down easy and still make them feel like a valuable part of my life. I can take things in stride. I can nurse a hangover without the help of anyone. I know the difference between what’s right and what’s really fucking stupid. I can defend myself, both physically and verbally. I can proudly say that I have grown up.

7) I am a kid at heart. I watch Fraggle Rock when I’m bored. I still have stuffed animals on my bed. I laugh at “that’s what she said” jokes. I doodle crabs, elephants, Gonzo, and Mike Wazowski when I’m bored in class. I own a feather that was once attached to Big Bird. I love Don Bluth movies. I listen to Disney music religiously. I honestly believe everyone is beautiful and there is, in fact, good in everybody’s heart. I think blanket/pillow forts are the niftiest things ever. I know anything and everything about Muppets. I can proudly say that, inside, I’ll always be a kid.

8) I have a large heart. I am always so willing to give. I almost always put others before myself. I love taking care of friends when they’re sick. Giving gifts trumps receiving them (sometimes). I like to give people second chances. I believe in love. I believe in friendship. My heart is special and I try to keep it guarded, but it always has a way of leaking out and attaching itself to every person who touches some aspect of my life.

9) I’m funny. I’m not good with puns and I can’t tell a joke to save my life, but I have a silly sort of humor that I know a good handful of people really appreciate. I like it. I love making people laugh.

10) I’m adorable. Not beautiful, no, and only pretty on certain days, and I don’t think I’ve ever been sexy once in my entire life. But adorable? Cute? Precious? I have that one in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment